Saturday, July 25, 2009

remember us?

We know we haven't been around in an unusually long amount of time. Don't lose faith, we're still alive, and a regular blogging schedule will resume not too long from now.

We'll do something real either tomorrow or the day after, but for now we just wanted to throw up a sign of life.

As you know, training camp happened. Rather than telling you actual, valid information about it, we'll just post this video of the kittens working out. As the seasons roll by, ogling the prospects gets more and more unacceptable. We're still in the clear, though. If you aren't, please avert your eyes. If you're a dude...uhh...good workout tips ahoy?

We're not even sure why Pens TV is posting these things. Is it a possibility that this is their answer to Scarlet Caps? Either way, we're game.

The rooks even did some paintball. Mostly for our own entertainment, we think. What has gotten into the Penguins? We appreciate the increased video coverage of meaningless events, especially in the hockey wasteland that is the summer.

By this time you've heard the news on the Lightning wanting some of that Petr Fever they've heard so much about. The rumor is that it's working. The deal would be 2 or 3 years (the most common rumor is 2) at $2.75 per. We aren't saying this is anything but a rumor. However, often times when numbers start getting thrown around the validity increases...but once again, it's still nothing but a rumor.

We'd comment more on the idea of Petr the Bolt, but we don't like to depress ourselves unduly. Let's wait for the solid word, shall we?

Other than that, we'll be here for real things soon. Sorry for the absence and lack of substance. We're in the depths of July, you can't be too disappointed. If you get upset about it, go to your local hockey apparel retailer and buy some discounted shirtseys. Hal Gill's an easy $8 at Hometown Sports.

Speaking of Hal, his new number with the Habs is 75.
Who is he? Walt Poddubny?
Yann Danis??
Colton Orr?!?!
Thoughts?

Go Pens...
Come on preseason.

20 comments:

FDeuce said...

so where the fuck have you guys been? i was getting worried for a cold minute.

on the rumors of petr signing in TB: i guess his children put him up in a nice retirement home down there in florida and he decided hed still like to play some hockey.

now that i said that watch him light the lamp every game against the pens this season.


im going to the hockey hall of fame tomorrow (wooo!) any suggestions for whos tshirt i should wear?

nightsky73144 said...

I can handle the idea of Petr with the Bolts (certainly much more than Petr with the Caps, the Filth, or the Wings). He and Ryan may get to play on the same line together again.

Bethany said...

No actual thoughts on your post tonight. I just needed to say - you bitches got me addicted to hint of lime tostitos too.

I'm a long time reader, first time commenter. I'm a pens fan stuck in Boston for grad school - i appreciate the love and being poor and stuck with the ghetto internet feeds. I'm also one of the RSS feed bitches, so be sure to keep telling us when you make an awesome banner. Keep up the good work, although I'm starting to talk like you...

Carol said...

I just *knew* I needed to be more specific about asking Petey not to sign with Detroit! I really wouldn't wish Tampa on anyone... but he could definitely have an impact!

debrisslide said...

@FDeuce - Clearly Max Talbot, future Hall of Famer.

Ashley said...

Petr in Tampa. . .EW! Well, at least he'll have Bugsy there to suffer with.

And to FDeuce, wear someone less known. I wore my signed Letang jersey when I went in March, if that gives you any idea.

Ashley said...

or Maxy Talbot. . .or President Kennedy

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Candy Man Fan said...

watching the prospects is weird to me bc I went to school with 2 of them. I don't know them at all but it's still just weird to me.

FDeuce, I agree with everyone else, go for some Maxy Talby or someone who changes lives but isn't necessarily a superstar. oh wait...

AmyB said...

I don't like Tampa. But if I see Sykie and Bugsy on the same line again I might cry.

FDeuce said...

i went with Tanger, the ladies couldnt keep their hands off of me all day. I tried slipping the dude watching the cup $10 to let me lift it but no dice. They did have some really sick stuff on display already tho. Like max's game 7 stick and all 3 pucks from the goals, guerins jersey, genos jersey, sarges gloves, orpiks skates, crosbys skate blades?, but no ones names were on the cup yet which was kind of a bummer. ill post some pics when i get them on my computer. people kept giving me jealous looks all day..... hahahha

debrisslide said...

FDeuce, that sounds fucking phenomenal. Max's game 7 stick would like. . .probably make me cry a little. Be sure to share when you get the pics up!

mer said...

@FDeuce - I'm going to have to see that stick in person... August, baby, August...

Annie S said...

FDeuce - That sounds FUCKING AMAZING. I went visited there last summer when things were still in Wings championship mode and it still was awesome, but now I'm thinking I need to plan a pilgrimage to Toronto again during Spring Break or something to see all the cool shit that you saw. Their names should be on the Cup by then, and it will probably be the genuine Cup on display instead of the replica they must have there now since guys are still having their 24 hours with it.

I can't WAIT to see your pics!

Ashley said...

I went in March, just as the boys heated up. I touched that thing and said to everyone around me, "listen up. The Pens will win the cup this year, so I'm going to touch it!" Thank Curry I was right! And I want pictures, FDeuce! I think we should all have a "let's post our pics with Lord Stanley" day :D

endsiny said...

I've missed your posts, but I understand the need to take some time to cope with the loss of Petr Fever and other assorted summer problems, haha.

Meanwhile, all the Stanley Cup journal entries are absolutely amazing, but Staalsy gives us some extra awesomeness.

Sod!

A Sid-like moment, haha.

And...

Staals Staals Staals Staals Staals

There are more, of course, but I don't want to ruin everything, haha.

Annie S said...

Went to Misquamicut Beach in Rhode Island today, and on the way home came across a Timmy Hortons in goddamn Groten, CT! Needless to say, I freaked out and demanded that we make a stop. And I also had to document proof, because it was the last thing I ever expected.

.....

Is it October yet?

Ashley said...

@ Annie S oh my Curry! that's awesome. I saw Tim Horton's coffee in the grocery store here in eastern PA (I'm home for the summer, sadly), and I got equally excited. Now I want some Timbits!

Allison's Mouth Full of Tang said...

@endsiny- !!! Wooo. That sid like picture just got messaged to every penguin fan in my phone book!!! Wooooo.

Kimberlass said...

The last time we graced a Tim Horton's establishment with our presence, we somehow managed to walk into the locked building after hours, and then when we went back out and through the drive through, our Canadian friend hung from the window screaming "SORRY WE'RE BEING INSANE, I'M CANADIAN" as we added timbits to our multiple orders.

I dare say we may never be invited back.

 
Creative Commons License
Puck Huffers by Kimberly Davidson and Zoƫ Hayden is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.