Monday, June 22, 2009

summer reading.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer thus far in a drunken haze of awesomeness. You are all, after all, Stanley Cup Champions.

While you are doing all of the amazing things that summer entails for you, we'd like to point you in the direction of a new blog by Our Friend Kevin.

You may remember Kevin from such fine Puck Huffers features as Face of the Enemy. Now that we have gone through the wonder that is the Red Wings fan base, the Flyers seem a little more lovable, don't they?

Kevin's pretty great, but he is in fact a Flyers fan. So what you're getting is write-ups from the other side of the state rivalry. We don't expect him to go easy on the Pens, or to have always-amazing opinions on the State of Things (he thinks Ziggy should join the ranks of the Flyers. Ahem.) But it is a fun insight on things on the other side, and we support his Pens hate completely. What's a rivalry without...well...rivals?

Enjoy him. Job him. Do whatever you want. We think he's a great spokesperson for the Flyers Nation. Take that to mean what you will.
Click it.

Other than that, there isn't much business here today. We do apologize for any difficulties you are having navigating the site due to redirection. We think it's a blogger bug, because we've done everything we can to fix it on our end. Hopefully it'll resolve itself soon.

Woooo!
Go Pens.

8 comments:

amy said...

LOVE the new banner! can't wait to see the rest of them.

crmzak said...

I'm not so sure I want to peruse blogs of other teams, although I do trust PH's recommendations. However, this is what I came across the last time I gave it a try...

http://www.michaelrbeck.com/labels/stanley%20cup.html

"Glad to see Evgeni Malkin didn't get to hoist the Stanley Cup. He is a whiner, a crier, and a blatant diver."

um, WHAT?!?

Granted, that was from last year when dude (a Wings fan, I think?) was apparently a little peeved about Malkin's F-U Sandwich against the Flyers. And to that, I can only say, SUCKIT.

crmzak said...

@Allison from last post,

Don't worry, I won't go all skanksville on Eaton, promise! haha I'm not that socially retarded.

Curry forbid, I ever run into him with his wife & kids. I can just picture it -- Me standing there with my hubby & kids and the whole time thinking, "OMG 30 DICKS!"

Let me take this moment to thank Puck Huffers and commenters for burning that nickname into my brain. XD

Candy Man Fan said...

Gogo!!! <3

AmyB said...

That guy like, likes the Flyers. I mean, he's a fan of them. Seriously. He wants the Flyers to win hockey games. Ew. I can't een wrap my head around that. It's weird because he actually looks like a normal person. Weird. I really tried to read his blog, but there was all this orange and black and I couldn't really do it.

Aubrey said...

Dammit, he's kind of funny.

Noodles and Henrik said...

New banner made me cry out of joy, love you guys.

Loser Domi said...

I just want to say that even though I'm lazy, have shitty internet and a Leafs fan...you do good stuff. I should read you more often. The Pens are a fun team to write about on Barry Melrose rocks. I'd really like to play "get drunk and yell at cars" with you. :P

 
Creative Commons License
Puck Huffers by Kimberly Davidson and Zoƫ Hayden is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.