Thursday, February 26, 2009

THE FACE OF THE ENEMY: Philadelphia Flyers

New feature time is finally upon us. But we're going to have to stop running our mouths here for a second. We have decided to open our arms even more than they already are, and welcome some very special people into our home.

This feature is Kim's baby, so I'll let her take the reins here for a moment:
We've decided it's new feature time. The Face of the Enemy will be produced at random and will feature video bloggers who are fans of teams other than our beloved Penguins. We will give them a list of questions, some standards about the NHL, the Penguins, their own teams, and hockey in general, and some personal questions. Only questions about things we care about here at Puck Huffers, like pancakes and facial hair.

That's right. We decided that it was time to get more in touch with how the rest of the league's fans are feeling. They have opinions, and we have invited their opinions freely, so politeness towards them is appreciated. However, while we are huge fans of making unholy alliances, we are not unopposed to disagreements and even some good-natured mockery. You just can't go off about how much cock everyone sucks because, well, that's not nice. This is a learning experience and we intend to make friends with some interesting, funny, smart people. It's called diversifying.

Without further adieu: This is Kevin. We like Kevin.
He is going to provide us with the insight that only a Philadelphia Flyers fan can provide.
He posts on Youtube as FlyersFan17.
Pay attention.
video

Awww. Now didn't Kevin do a great job? Wasn't he just such a good sport?
Thank you, Kevin, for being our guest.

If you know of any other video bloggers who would be interested in giving us a hand with this feature, please send them our way.

Diversity education is a main component of modern liberal arts colleges.
Are you at all surprised that we had to do this?

Blackhawks tomorrow.
According to my own personal Comeback City, it's a nice, friendly, pink-highlighted "do it."
Do it.

22 comments:

Molly said...

haha this guy's funny.
can't wait for more guest vloggers

Eric =] said...

hey everyone at puck huffers, i have been a long time reader of this blog and the pensblog and i just want to say something: PUCKHUFFERS? I THINK THAT YOU GUYS SHOULD CHANGE YOUR NAME TO PUCK VAGINAS, I THINK THAT THIS WILL BRING YOU GUYS A LARGER DEMOGRAPHIC OF MALE READERS DUE TO THE NEW NAME. BEFORE I GET A BUNCH OF DEATH THREATS I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I AM A 16 YEAR OLD BOY, (SO BE GENTLE), ALSO I GO TO AN ALL BOYS SCHOOL, SO WHAT ELSE WOULD I DO BESIDES THINGS LIKE THIS?

Molly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie S said...

hey everyone at puck huffers, i have been a long time reader of this blog and the pensblog and i just want to say something: PUCKHUFFERS? I THINK THAT YOU GUYS SHOULD CHANGE YOUR NAME TO PUCK VAGINAS, I THINK THAT THIS WILL BRING YOU GUYS A LARGER DEMOGRAPHIC OF MALE READERS DUE TO THE NEW NAME. BEFORE I GET A BUNCH OF DEATH THREATS I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I AM A 16 YEAR OLD BOY, (SO BE GENTLE), ALSO I GO TO AN ALL BOYS SCHOOL, SO WHAT ELSE WOULD I DO BESIDES THINGS LIKE THIS?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hahaha.

Ha.

Priceless.

1wingangel said...

I THINK THAT YOU GUYS SHOULD CHANGE YOUR NAME TO PUCK VAGINAS, I THINK THAT THIS WILL BRING YOU GUYS A LARGER DEMOGRAPHIC OF MALE READERS...

Idiot.


Anyway, I love this new feature. You ladies certainly chose the perfect team to start with. I can't wait to meet other classy fans and get in touch with the whole NHL family, good or bad. This is totally a fantastic idea. Kudos.

debrisslide said...

Kim is currently looking up acceptable clipart images of vulvae and clitorises to use in the new header image. Thanks for the feedback, everyone. We've got this under control.

Eric =] said...

it was a joke calm down. thanks annie
=]

Annie S said...

I can't help it:

ALSO I GO TO AN ALL BOYS SCHOOL, SO WHAT ELSE WOULD I DO BESIDES THINGS LIKE THIS?

I don't even want to start thinking about thinking of an answer to that question.

ELL-OH-ELL.

The Goon Blogger said...

I Loled. Hard.

Kevin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric =] said...

i loled rather hard while i came up with it

25superstar said...

great feature. i like it. i like it a lot.

Wilkes-Barre Call Up said...

Glad to see Eric Lindros has discovered the internet.

eyebleaf said...

Eric just won the "BEST COMMENT EVER" contest. Congratulations, young fella.

And that video was epic. But I still hate the Flyers. And their fans.

meecrofilm said...

Hey, Kevin seems like a decent human being... I honestly didn't think that was possible from a flyers fan.

But passing on a cupcake is like passing on life.
Why?

Saskabush said...

Kevin can crash my net any time.

Puck Vaginas = best name for a blog ever.

Kat said...

LMFAO, How did I miss so much!? In short:

-Puck Vagina's? HILARIOUS. There'd have to be sexy pictures you realize. Scarlet Caps is eons ahead of us.

-To find video of Tanger running his hand through his hair, simply reference any interview of his, ever. I believe his one goal in life is make ovaries all over the world explode.

-Insert witty comment about some player giving up something hilarious for Lent.

-I'd still bang Mike Green. I don't give a fuck. But I'd feel shame after, I'm sure of it.

-I'm a little drunk so completely ingnore this entire thing

Allison said...

i just watched the video, and I actually liked it...
I'll admit, I was sort of expecting to see a repeat of phillyfreak316 or whatever that douche called himself.

That being said, hats off to kim and zoe for that last question... about organtic shopping with Mark Recchi...hardcore lol right there

Allison said...

hahahaha...
i just typed in puckhuffer.com, forgetting the blogspot part, and it showed me the google search results for that, and this is what it said :

Puck HuffersFeb 25, 2009 ... "I, Allison, a regular [pathetic] reader of PuckHuffers, have no desire to date Mike Green. I have no interest whatsoever in 'having an ...



it made my life lol...

and btw, that anthem singer just made me naucious

wrap around curl said...

I was thinking of the proper response to this video and all I came up with were quotes from 30 Rock;

-I want to go there.
-I want to put my mouth on his mouth.
-I want to take this video out behind the middle school and get it pregnant (slightly modified but still...)

FDeuce said...

haha so where did you guys find an actual hockey fan in philly? (most of this city is just philadelphia sports fans *vomit*) bring kevin back anytime!

msalig said...

I know this isn't very hockey oriented but...You know this guy is okay. Did you notice the poster on the wall in the back. B-Dawk you will be missed. If more guys in any sport left as much out there on the field as he did there would be no complaints about salaries by anybody in pro sports. The worst guy ever to wear the orange and black?? Hands down, Eric Lindros. He is still the main reason Brindamour was run out of town.
Thank you Zoe and Kim for throwing us Flyer fans a bone.

 
Creative Commons License
Puck Huffers by Kimberly Davidson and Zoƫ Hayden is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.